Friday 20 January 2023

Tree Rings Greeting Card

When I first saw this card from Katie Drew, I loved it so much, that I ended up buying the products to be able to make the card myself.

This was a very time consuming card, as it took ages to colour all the little branches, berries and toadstools with my stampin blends. However, once the colouring was done, it didn't take too long to assemble all the bits and pieces. 

I didn't stray too much from Katie's card, as I felt it was perfect the way it was, but I did make a few slight changes to make it my own. I didn't use as many little branches, and added a side piece of DSP and a strip of cherry cobbler card stock to add a little more interest. I also used a different sentiment and fussy cut around the words.


Products used

 
Dies: Tree Rings
Embossing Folder: Tree Rings
Cardstock: Very vanilla, soft suede & cherry cobbler
DSP: Neutrals
Inks: Cherry cobbler
Stampin blends: Cherry cobbler, pink pirouette, crumb cake, SU300 & granny apple green 
Sentiment: Flowing flowers
Embellishments: Brushed bronze metallic dots

 

No comments: