Sunday 8 January 2023

Adorable Owls Card

So my favourite stamp set in the new sale-a-bration catalogue would have to be the 'Adorable Owls', and whats even better, is that you can get it free with a $90 purchase of stampin up products during January and February 2023.

I have spent the last week of my Christmas leave making so many cards featuring these cute little owls, and will be sharing them over the coming weeks.

Today's card is bright and happy and is perfect for our climate in Australia...Summer! 

For the background, I stamped up my rays of light stamp in daffodil delight, then used my blender brushes to add a little peekaboo peach and mango melody inks just around the sun area for a little more depth. I then cut a large circle around the sun area and used another piece of card stock underneath with a blended sun using daffodil delight, peekaboo peach and mango melody. This gave it the pop it needed to brighten the card up.

I used my crumb cake re-inker and water colour brush for the owl, making sure I used light and darker shades. I used my blender markers for the eyes, beak, feet and bow tie, as this was much easier to do than trying to water colour those tiny little areas.

The branch and leaves were die cut using the apple blossoms dies. I assembled the card and added the sentiment and little flowers to finish the card off. Hope this makes you smile :)


Products used

 
Stamps: Adorable owls & rays of light
Dies: Apple blossoms & circle
Punch: Itty bitty shapes & banner
Cardstock: Whisper white, water colour card, crumb cake, old olive & pear pizzazz
Inks: Memento black, crumb cake, daffodil delight, peekaboo peach & mango melody
Markers: Granny apple green, old olive & daffodil delight 
Sentiment: Bird banter
Embellishments: yellow rhinestones (not SU)

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. The background really makes the images show up well.