Monday 19 December 2022

Candy Canes Christmas Card

Who doesn't love a delicious candy cane at Christmas...I know I certainly do, especially the fruit flavoured ones! When I saw Mikaela Titheridge's card, I knew I had to give it a go.

This card looked easy enough, but to my surprise it was actually more difficult than I thought it would be. I had a few issues blending the red ink on the edges of my background piece of card stock and then getting the white embossing candy canes to stamp well over the top. 

The end result looks great, but it took me about 6 attempts to get it right. This was a hard stamp to work with, so either I need some more practice with this technique or I need to chose a different technique altogether.


Products used

 
Stamps: Candy canes & Christmas season
Dies: Seasonal labels & stitched rectangles
Cardstock: Real red, poppy parade, garden green & basic black
Inks: Real red, garden green, versa mark & white embossing powder 
Sentiment: Wrapped in Christmas

No comments: