Friday 17 February 2023

Adorable Owls Shadow Box Card

I can't seem to get enough of these adorable owls...my mind is just spinning with so many ideas that I want to make with these little cuties!

For this card, I knew I wanted to create a shadow box type card, that folds flat and is suitable for posting. I wanted to make the colours go from light to dark, so the card had some depth and a mystical feel about it. It took me a little while to work out all the measurements, and I will do a tutorial at some stage with the instructions when I have some more time on my hands.

For the owl, I used my water brush and a couple of drops of refill ink in crumb cake and tip top taupe for the head and body. I used my stampin blends for the eyes, beak and feet. I also used a thin strip of a window sheet to hold the owl in place, which makes the owl look like it's flying.

The tree dies unfortunately are not Stampin Up dies, as I was after a certain size for this card. The sentiment is one I created and printed myself.



Products used

 
Stamps: Adorable owls
Dies: Circle, banner & winter trees (by MFT)
Cardstock: Crumb cake, soft suede, early espresso, whisper white & window sheet
Inks: Memento black
Stampin blends: Granny apple green & mango melody
DSP: Twinkle twinkle
Sentiment: made myself (non SU)

No comments: