Friday 26 February 2021

Butterfly Birthday Wishes

I find watercolouring a real challenge, so I have been practicing some different techniques to get the hang of it all. The technique I find the easiest and the one that gives me the best results, is the acetate technique.

For this technique, you add ink to an acetate sheet, then spritz the ink with some water, flip the sheet and lay it over your watercolour sheet, then slowing move the acetate sheet around until you get the desired look you are after.

I love this technique because you can add multiple colours at once, or individually, and it looks amazing once you have finished. I used this technique for the card below with 'daffodil delight' and 'pumpkin pie' ink.



1 comment:

Hanny said...

Love your technique. Wish you had a video so I can see how you did it :)
Your butterfly card is stunning
regards Hanny -Western Australia