Tuesday 3 March 2020

Sailing Home Interactive Card

Who doesn't love the 'Sailing Home' bundle in the Stampin Up annual catalogue? I adore this set, probably because I grew up down the coast, so it reminds me of home.

I have seen a few cards online that light up, and was inspired by Isabell Jauss's card, and knew I had to do something similar. Isabell, has a video of how she did the card, but unfortunately it is in German, so I couldn't understand a word, but I got the general idea just by watching it.

The products Isabell used to make the light mechanism, are not available in Australia, so I made the decision to invested in a chibi-tronics kit instead, so I could give it a go myself. This kit came with simple instructions that you can easily apply to a card. The third image shows the light on, when 'buoy is pressed'.


 


1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh, that light is so cool! Your card is gorgeous, I truly love it!! How did you make your stitched waves? Fabulous and pretty card; TFS!