Wednesday 6 November 2019

Timber Themed Masculine Card

I really enjoy making masculine cards and the one below is one that I cased from Connie Collins. When I saw the background on the card that Connie made, I new I had to give it a go and I really enjoyed putting this one together. My card orientation and sentiment is different from Connie's, as I always like to change things a little, to make it my own.

I used the one of the sheets of DSP from the 'wood textures' pack, and cut it into thin wood strips and then inked the white edges with early espresso ink. I laid the wood strips diagonally onto a black piece of card stock, leaving about 1 millimeter space in between each strip. I then trimmed the 4 sides of the background piece and adhered it to my card base and embellished it with my sentiment, linen thread and a leaf from the 'seasonal layers' dies.



No comments: