Saturday 22 February 2014

Combi Van Challenge

I bought a rustic looking 12" x 12" window box picture frame with out knowing what I was going to do with it. After many thoughts, I decided I would challenge myself to make a 3D combi van picture with a beachy feel. I wanted the whole picture to be made out of Stampin Up card stock.

The whole van was cut out by hand, I simply sketched shapes I wanted onto card stock and then cut out the pieces and layered them with foam tape to get a 3D look. I used Stampin Up punches where I could, for example, circle punches for the wheels and lights.

I did lots of sketching, cutting, tearing and ink staining and approximately 20 hours later, the end result was better than I thought it would be...







5 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Just wanted you to know i stopped by after seeing your link on the SU! demo site :) Kombi vans have a special place in my memory as my family had one when I was growing up and we had lots of fun in it.You have done a great job of making a picture like this. Thank you for sharing.

Connie R said...

I saw your project on Stampin' Connection and came to your blog to check it out -- your work on this project is amazing! My daughter thinks the old VW vans are so cool -- I know she would love this but I don't believe I have the artistic talent to sketch out a design like this by hand. You are very talented.

Donna Ellis said...

wow! So glad you framed this, Jacki! The details are fabulous, and it is hard to believe how everything has hand cut and hand designed! outstanding! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Dawn Tidd said...

Wow! That is fantastic! What detail!

Janice Spencer said...

Congratulations this is fabulous, well worth all your time, effort and patience. You should be very proud of yourself, well done.